Do It Yourself Artwork
If store-brought images just aren’t cutting your décor needs (we don’t blame you!), why not create your own custom Do it Yourself artwork to fit in perfectly with your colour palette and home décor.
You can take this idea to the next level by taking a photo of an object or surface texture in the room and use that as your subject matter. Remember, the key here is to get creative, so experiment, have fun, and don’t be afraid to make mistakes.
Keep in mind that you’ll want to ensure your room is balanced, so focus on subject matter on the opposite side of where you plan on hanging your work. This point is really important, so don’t forget!
What You’ll Need:
A digital camera 10MP or better
A tripod for stability
Now that you’re all set, we have some tips to make sure your photo turns out picture-perfect!
- Try photographing your subject matter outside. Early in the morning or early in the evening is best.
- If it is rainy outside, place your subject matter near a large sliding door or window, but be sure to avoid direct light from the sun on your object.
- Keep in mind that the colour of your creation should be in contrast with your wall colour.
Got it? We know that is A LOT of information to process, but once you get started, just use those tips as refence, like we said before, having fun is the most important part!
Now that you have created your masterpiece, just follow these easy steps to turn it into a work of art on your wall with Print a Pic!
- Save your image as a jpg in the largest format available on your camera
- Upload your image here!
- Crop your image to the perfect size — you can do this directly on our site with our toolkit.
- Select your wrap option, edge option, frame option or special effect!
- Use our room design tool to see your image against your wall colour to ensure the contrast is just right. You can even check to see how your image will look hanging above your furniture!
- Measure the width of the furniture to make sure that your piece isn’t too large or small
We created the image in the photo using our ‘Watercolour’ special effect. Remember, our filters wont degrade the quality of your image at all!
Have fun and we can’t wait to see your creations!